STELLAR SEASON FOR SPECTRUM AND SABRE
2010 has been a remarkable season for Melbourne based racing car constructor, Borland Racing Developments. The company released two brand new models for this year; the Spectrum 012 Formula Ford and the Sabre 02 Formula Vee 1600. Both models made perfect debuts. Chaz Mostert took pole position, reset the lap record and won the round on debut with the Synergy Motorsport Spectrum 012 at the opening round of the Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship. Daniel Reinhardt then repeated that effort at Sandown Motor Raceway, driving the JRD Force Tools Sabre 02 in the Victorian Formula Vee Championship.
The year has certainly been successful away from the track, with the Braeside factory delivering 17 racing cars and setting a new benchmark for the team. On track results have been nothing short of sensational. With the final round of the Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship last weekend at Sandown Motor Raceway and the Victorian Formula Vee Series to be finalised at Phillip Island just a week later, the trophy cabinet for the year is filling quickly. Results for the season so far include:
• Australian Formula Ford Champion – Chaz Mostert, Spectrum 012
• FFA Victorian Formula Ford Champion – Jesse Fenech, Spectrum 011d
• CAMS Victorian Formula Ford Series R/Up – Garry Jacobson, Spectrum 011c
• CAMS Victorian Formula Ford Series 3rd – Jesse Fenech, Spectrum 011d
• NSW Formula Ford Series 12 of 15 race wins – Synergy Motorsport, Spectrum 011
• CAMS Victorian FF1600 Champion – Luke Ellery, Spectrum 010b
• CAMS Victorian FF1600 Championship 3rd – Nicki Templer, Spectrum 010b
• CAMS Victorian FF1600 Championship 4th – Mark Samson, Spectrum 010
• FFA Victorian FF1600 Series Champion – Nicki Templer, Spectrum 010b
• FFA Victorian FF1600 Series R/Up – Mark Samson, Spectrum 010
• FFA Victorian FF1600 Series 4th – Luke Ellery, Spectrum 010b
• Spectrums won 75% of the AFFC races and rounds and set 75% of the fastest laps
• Reset lap records at three circuits
• Hold lap record at 67% of circuits used in AFFC racing
• Spectrum Formula Fords won 53 races across Australia this season, which is more than all other manufacturers’ combined total!
• Australian Formula Vee Champion – Daniel Reinhardt, Sabre 02
• NSW Formula Vee Champion – Daniel Reynolds, Sabre 01
• CAMS Victorian Formula Vee Champion – Daniel Reinhardt, Sabre 02
Daniel Reinhardt takes a handy lead into the final round of the FVAV Formula Vee Series and will be looking to add that title to the scoreboard at Phillip Island in a little over a week from now.
The above results are attributable to ten drivers, competing with five professional and two privateer teams, all of whom benefit from the ease of access to quality technical support from the Borland Racing Developments Factory.
Whether it is Formula Ford, FF1600 or Formula Vee, the choice is simple. Borland Racing Developments is the only constructor who can offer championship winning technology, off the shelf. This is backed by prompt after sales service and a comprehensive inventory of competitively priced spare parts available at the track.